Creative & Unique Gift Ideas for Teachers
Looking for that perfect gift idea for the teacher? (who receives many gifts each holiday season?)
You'll want something thoughtful, unique, creative, and most of all, practical. Well, look no further, because this gift guide was written by an actual teacher!
This guide is geared towards parents, teachers looking for gifts for coworkers, and even students who are old enough to buy their teachers their own gift. The post includes some amazon affiliate links, which means I can get a little percent back for those items. Image credit goes to each linked site.
You'll have the option to "save" or "splurge" on each type of gift, so you can choose which one works best for you.
The "splurge" options are perfect if you are pitching in with a team or are a room parent deciding on a class gift from the entire class.
It’s rare to find a math/science teacher who isn’t a little bit nerdy and would appreciate showing it off to the world (or at least his or her students). To this day, my most-used gifts are my Pi earrings!
Any necklaces, earrings, Tshirts, coffee mugs, etc. that are math or science related will surely be near and dear to your teacher’s quirky side! In addition to options I have listed below, there are so many great math/science teacher gifts on Etsy; these are just a few of my favorites.
Hover / click the image for the links, or scroll down for more ideas!
- fun jewelry (The first one has pi AND infinity - can't beat that!)
- silly mugs (Yes, many, many math and science teachers are also Star Wars fans!)
- funny t-shirts
- I just love everything on this site, but top on my wish list is this first one - a "caffeine" molecule. The jewelry is all beautiful and would make a great class gift.
You know the type; you walk into the room and you get the feeling every aspect was very thoughtfully curated. Maybe there are string lights adorning the walls or comfy seating attentively placed. Whatever they used, you know designing a pleasing space is important to this teacher. If this is the case, he or she will love items to add to the classroom to make it even more attractive.
- throw pillows (Outdoor fabric is a great option because it holds up well in a classroom.)
- bulletin board sets or classroom poster sets (bonus points if you cut it all out and do the prep work for the teacher!)
- a large area rug to help make the room cozy
If you know one thing about teaching, you would know teaching requires extraordinary organization. Some teachers enjoy working on this skill more than others, and would love some of these items for planning and staying organized!
- felt tip pens (These ones are the favorite for just about every teacher I have ever met!)
- desk organizers
- the Happy Planner
- personalized clipboard
- utility cart
Many teachers, including myself, rely on coffee to perk them up to maintain a friendly disposition and teach their students to the best of his or her ability. So, if you know the teacher is someone who needs coffee, these gift ideas are perfect! You can alter this idea accordingly if your teacher prefers tea, soda, water, etc.
- Yeti cup:
- K-Cups variety pack (or this chocolate raspberry truffle pack - my personal favorite!)
- Starbucks gift card
- or this brand, which I loved so much at home that I got another one! It covers every option.
Doodle note materials are perfect to buy for any teacher, because they instantly make lessons more enjoyable and beneficial for students. They aid brain processing to help kids make connections and remember the material, plus kids beg for them as a fun way to spice up lessons. Happy students = happy teacher! Click here to read more on how to implement doodle notes. These sets work for any subject area:
- doodle note templates
- visual note taking sticker sets (The teacher can print these on sticker paper for all the students. Bonus points if you do this prep work for him/her!)
- a subscription to the Doodle Note Club, a site packed with templates, graphics, and videos for teachers - It's the perfect blend of teaching resources and creative hobby.
- a Silhouette or Cricut machine
We all know those teachers who clearly work overtime for the students. If you happen to know the teacher for whom you are hunting for a gift spends hours in his or her classroom, or would simply appreciate a more comfortable work environment, these gifts are the right choice! (Also, see the category below this one, because this teacher probably needs that too!)
- lunchbox for extra snacks (or dinner!)
- a quality water bottle
- treats to keep in the classroom (It's nice to nibble on something while tutoring at the end of a long day.)
- a mini fridge (gotta love this neon dry-erase one!)
- a nice desk chair (Here is the one I have:)
- a bag that holds everything
As you’re aware, teaching is a challenging job and can be very stressful at times. Many teachers struggle to designate ample time to take care of themselves, and need a little push for some R&R.
- bottle of wine or case of beer (Try adding these sticker labels:)
- Lush products (or gift card!)
- a basket of magazines
- gift card to a bookstore
- essential oils starter kit:
- spa gift card for a mani/pedi
- essential oils diffuser (for home or the classroom:)
- subscriptions to magazines - Pitch in for a few for the whole year! Suggestions:
If none of these ideas really stick out to you and don’t feel perfect, then a great option is a gift card! Although it takes a little less creativity on your end, gift cards to places we frequently shop are always appreciated. It shows your thoughtfulness, while still allowing teachers to pick out exactly what they like and/or need!
If you’re going the gift card route, make it for something we need, like gas or shoes! Teachers are always in the market for comfy shoes.
Keeping these needs in mind, here are some great stores to buy gift cards for teachers:
- Old Navy
Hover / click the image below for links.
Pin the image to save the post and ideas for later: